Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ahh, Paris... Cont.

We continued kissing for a couple more minutes, and then she jumped up and said it was time. She started walking away and signaled me with her arm to follow. "Where are we going?" I asked, confused. "Over here!" She said. "Are we going right now?" I sat questioning. "Yes, yes It's time! Hurry!" "I can't go right now." I kept still. "Why? What's wrong? Let's go, we gotta hurry!" I looked around, embarrassed, "Umm..." She walked over next to me again, and I quickly looked around to make sure no one else was watching, quickly adjusted myself, and shot up and started walking, "Ok now we can go." She stood in the same spot not moving for a moment, trying to work out what just happened. Then suddenly it clicked in her mind, and she burst out laughing. She was laughing so hard, she could barely keep standing. Needless to say, I was a little bit embarrassed. I defended myself saying, "Well you can't just jump up and walking away after kissing a guy like that! It's not my fault!" But I couldn't finish that sentence without bursting out along with her. She grabbed my hand, and rested her head on my arm as if to comfort me, and continued walking me to the spot she wanted to show me. When we got there, I couldn't see anything particularly special. I waited, staring at a wall for something to happen. Then Vivian pointed in the other direction, telling me to look that way. I turned around, and from this view could see the Eiffel Tower in its entirety. It was lit up, and sparkling with a thousand little strobe lights, looking like a giant sparkler firework. It was the most amazing thing ever! The lights were so bright, the whole tower just looked like a glittering pole. Like sparks shooting like a geyser out of the ground. Absolutely amazing! I wheeled back around to Vivian, who was bubbling with excitement, and she flung herself into my arms and kissed me.

I walked her home that night, and she held my hand. At her door, we said goodnight and then stopped in that inevitable silence. Her lips drew back again into a smile, and she reached out and rubbed my beard, then gave me a small peck on the lips. "Goodnight," She said, and then walked inside. I took the metro back to my hotel, the whole time walking on air. "Ahh, Paris" I said to myself over and over again.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Told you that you would love Paris!
:-)
Hope you actually go inside the Louve tomorrow.
Much love Ty,
Auntie Cheri

Gabriel said...

Tyler,

You are a machine! So glad you're owning this experience. Keep up the dream. Don't let it go like I did. I regret it nearly every day.

Gabe

Unknown said...

Ty,

What a remarkable moment...I think you'll never be quiet the same.

Love,
jan

Katie Jane said...

Youuuuu hussy. :)

What a wonderfully hollywood-esque moment. It just seems perfect that a hopeless romantic like you would get an opportunity like that. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!!