Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crazy Barcelona Cont. 5/12/08

I eventually struggled free, but thinking about it, even doing that, they're bound to end up with something. And then regardless of all that, he gave it back to me! I called Katherine and told her the story. She thought that maybe they thought that the big bulge in my pocket was a wallet, and when they finally got it they realized what it actually was. Getting a wallet means they might get cash, or credit cards, or something they can use right away. However my iPod was something they couldn't use, and since I hadn't been a huge dick to them (actually stopping to try to help them), maybe they figured they'd return it. It was still a little odd, but that made sense. Maybe that is what happened, but I may never know for sure.

I finally found the place where I was supposed to be, and put the key in the lock at the front gate. To my dismay, I had some trouble turning the key, but jiggling it around a bit, I eventually got the door open. I walked upstairs trying to find my room, noticing that in the dark, the place looked a lot different than I remembered. I got to where I thought the front door to the apartment was, and realized that sign which now read "Principal" in large bold letters wasn't there before. This key also didn't fit in the lock, no matter how hard I tried. Suddenly all at once it hit me, I'm in the wrong apartment building, trying to get into someone's apartment. I quickly rushed down the stairs and tried the next door over, in which the key fit a lot better. I finally got to the right apartment, and found my room. I wondered if the key I was given, just worked for both locks, or if I'd somehow just inadvertently picked the lock on the apartment building next door. Either way, I figured I'd just keep quiet about it. (That is, until I tell everyone in the world in this public blog.)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Don't worry, you only broke but did not enter, so even though the whole world now knows, I don't think they will get you for it.