Friday, March 21, 2008

The Journey to Jerusalem Cont.

As I was getting situated, I read the crucifiction story in Matthew and Mark. So as I went exploring I looked for Golgotha (The place where Jesus was crucified) and eventually found the place. There is where they kept the stone that Jesus' body was laid on, and the tomb he had risen from. I knelt down and touched the stone Jesus' body had rested on, and I prayed for my journey, and my friends and family back home. As I entered the crucifiction site I was so overcome with emotion I littlerally sat there and wept as I prayed. It was unexplicable to me, but I just felt a weight lifted off my shoulders, and I was so glad to be where I was, the tears streamed down my face. I prayed for God to lead me in my journey to becoming the man he wants me to be. I prayed that not my will, but his be done, and I also prayed for healing. I'd heard the stories about the miracles Jesus performed in Jerusalem, and now I was here kneeling before the cross praying to God to heal my heart, if it was every going to happen this would be the time to ask for it. When I was finished there, I walked through Jerusalem, and found the stations of the cross, and saw each one, and I went back to my hostel and read my bible. There is very much a Holy vibe in this city. At last I have made it to Jerusalem. God has brought me out of Egypt, through turmoil and redemption. It was an amazing journey, and yet my journey still continues.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say except, thank God you are safe! Whenyou say adventure, you mean it! I can only imagine how it feels to be where Jesus actually died on Good Friday. Thanks for sharing. We continue to pray for you and love your updates. By the way, I don't think you can get catch Siphilis from a ferry station, haha! Love you Ty, be safe.

Mom said...

Sometimes I wish God doesn't have to take us past the point of our own resources and abilities to show us He is God and in control and has us in his hands of mercy, but He always does. I've been praying for it for you, but its hard to see and hear and read the answer to my prayers. The great thing is that there is ALWAYS a happy ending because if we let him, He will complete the process in us that He has begun. All I can say is that I'm watching you grow up as I read each blog, and seeing God show up to meet with you, and meet your needs, so that you trust Him intimately with your life. All I can say is the intimacy you build with Christ is worth the hard journey.
I Love you, Tyler, keep trusting the LORD.
Mom

Amy Reams said...

I cried when I read this blog Ty. I love hearing your heart and the way you are letting God ravish your soul in this trip. You are so inspiring.

Unknown said...

Okay you made this old lady cry! ...you're amazing. Your spiritual insight and awakening is incredible. Some people never gain the insight you have.

On another note...You are our test case to see if you can truly get syphilis from a toilet seat/bench....this could blow the cover off all mom's toilet seat myths.

Love to you,
jan