Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Laundry and Drinking

Today was mainly a laundry day. I finally have a washer and dryer that I can use for free here, so I washed everything I own. Unfortunately, Ryan's dryer is just about completely useless, so it takes like 5 hours to dry things. So Ryan and I hung out and watched some movies in his house while we did our laundry which took the better part of the day, although I also slept in pretty late this morning because I had been up so late the night before. So Ryan and I mostly just spent this day resting up and doing laundry.

Later in the night however, we went with Ryan's housemate Tom to the pub where Ryan works called "The Basement" where a famous (I'm told) British comedian was doing stand up. So we watched a little British stand up, and I had two Coronas, a double vodka and lemonade, and choc pop leading me to the first time I've every truely been intoxicated. In my defense I was never blind drunk, I still can remember everything that happened, I never had slurred speech, and most of the time I walked completely straight. I just had one too many and got to the stage just after tipsy at the point where you say, "ok I need to find somewhere to lay down." But I was in good hands the whole time. Ryan, Tim and I met up with Ryan's other housemates Andy, and Emily and they all said they'd take care of me and make sure I was alright. Ryan quickly went and got me a bunch of water and made me drink it. After the bar we went and got some British-style kabobs, which were really amazing, and we made our way home. By the time we got home I felt a lot less intoxicated, but I had to pee worse than I think I've ever had to pee in my life! After I was finally able to release my blatter, I enjoyed for a couple minutes one of the greatest euphorias I've ever experienced. I felt like I peed out my soul, and I felt so light I could just float down the stairs, which of course I wasn't able to, and the fact that I thought I could made actually getting down the stairs a whole lot harder than it had to be. But I felt safe with all of them, and we had a good time, and it was certainly a good experience that fits right in with my epic journey. I may have quite some head ache tomorrow they tell me, but it's something I'm glad I got to experience at least once and in such a memorable place as London.

5 comments:

Kara Root said...

Oh my gosh Tyler, you are so funny!
The "pee" story shall go down in history!
Keep enjoying the adventure!

Katie Jane said...

Can you say, 'too much information'?!

Hahaha... well, I'm glad you're enjoying your adventure, and I'm glad you had good friends to take care of you during that experience. I hope there are pictures of that night!

togotrackers said...

Tyler I got busy with work so I just caught up on your blogs. U R FUNNY! I am so happy you are having a good time even when the bus keeps going!! All part of the fun as u r finding out. Things I think r so cool: fiddle, Titanic dock, Stirling. Things that made me lol: your comment about the panties in the cemetery and how women get prettier after a few drinks! Sounds as though you are doing a great job taking care of yourself, keeping warm and having fun/adventure. It's amazing isn't it? Another world and the evidence is still tangible. When you go to Paris you MUST tour Le Conciergerie where Marie Antoinette was housed before she was beheaded a beautiful building!!
Proud of you Ty!
Sheri btw Dominic says hello.

Unknown said...

Ty,

I was reading some of your back journals....you spell "blatter", bladder. Leave it to the nurse to pick up on that...hey all that schooling paid off! Great story ty, and you are so honest, it makes you cuter.

Jan

JamieAnn said...

Hey buddy at least you didn't get sick like I did about a week and a half ago....never try to be health conscious by having a salad 7 hours before you start drinking....believe me, good times..until you're sick. Love you!! Jamie