Friday, March 21, 2008

update

I'm here in Jerusalem now, I'm staying at a hostel in the christian quarter of the old city tonight, but all the hostels are way expensive right now. I just got back from Golgotha, the place where Jesus was crucified. It was amazing, because without even knowing it, I got to the place right around 3pm, which is what they say the time was when Jesus was crucified. I've been reading Matthew and Mark while I've been here so far, It's really amazing to walk down the same streets that Jesus walked, and they look relatively unchanged! Tonight I'll walk through the garden of Gethsemane and probably spend most of my good friday there. I love you, and I'm alive and safe, and I've had quite an adventure coming from Egypt. Enjoy your good friday, I'll be in Gethsemane trying to figure out the place where Jesus was when he prayed there.

1 comment:

GrandmaJan said...

Ty, We are really enjoying your blog. Grandpa can hardly wait each day until I download it for him to read. He is so impressed with your ability to describe the areas to make the reader feel like they are there. This certainly is being an epic journey as you so aptly titled it. You take care and we will keep praying.

Love you,

Grandma Jan and Grandpa Don

PS Your photos are great.